In the business world, information technology is crucial to your company’s success. One of the most important components and fast-growing initiatives is Cybersecurity.
Recently, Ponemon surveyed 3,200 participants and found 524 organizations suffered data breaches. This is good and bad news. In their “Cost of a Data Breach Report 2020” (commissioned by IBM), there was a slight decline from $3.92 million in 2019 to $3.86 million projected for 2020 as the average cost of a data breach. While this may seem like good news, many businesses may not recover from this loss resulting in shuttering their doors for good.
How can a company ensure its business is proactively prepared for a cyber-attack?
Here are a few things every business should adopt to increase security & provide a peace of mind.
- Update security software including security patch releases
- Passwords should change every 30 days for networks, employee’s laptops, and desktop systems
- All data should be backed up electronically or in the cloud
- Encrypt information
- Block suspicious websites from being accessed by employees
- Educate employees on phishing emails
- Develop a disaster recovery business plan
While these tips may greatly assist companies in being proactive, those launching cyber-attacks continue to get smarter.
RKMC’s seasoned security professionals offer IT solutions that address challenges faced by businesses daily. Some of the project areas and positions we specialize in include:
- Threat & Incident Management
- Forensics & Remediation
- Penetration Testing
- Security Architecture & Engineering
- Identity & Access Governance
If you are an organization without a proactive plan, hiring a specialized partner to help your organization protect your business in the future is the best security you can have. We would love to assess your security posture and offer an evaluation. Please be proactive and do not let cyber-attacks, hackers, or ransomware turn your dream into a nightmare.
Author: Andre Walker, Director of Sales Enablement at RK Management Consultants, Inc.